Abeng Press is a Canadian publisher of e-books in a variety of genres including fiction (novels, novellas, short stories), non-fiction and poetry.
We prefer to receive proposals, rather than entire manuscripts, for consideration. An initial package should contain:
- A covering letter stating your primary intent in writing the work, your suggested market, and why
- An outline of the whole manuscript – either its table of contents, if sufficiently detailed, or a schematic summary
- A sample of your writing, ideally the introductory chapter and one other representative chapter
- Your résumé – particularly for educational/academic and similar titles – which demonstrates why you are qualified to write this book and, if applicable, include a list of past publications and/or prizes
Completed manuscripts, typed double-spaced, with pages clearly numbered, must be sent by regular post, to our acquisitions editor (see below). In addition an electronic copy in MS Word (.doc) or Open Document Format (.odf) must be submitted via email or on optical media (CD or DVD). Do NOT send your only copy.
Biographies, autobiographies, educational and academic titles should be accompanied by verifiable fact and reference check leads. Academic work must be peer reviewed.
For non-fiction, include a list of possible illustrations such as maps, photos or artwork.
If you would like your material to be returned, please include a stamped, sufficiently large self-addressed envelope and enough postage.
Please address your materials to:
6540 Falconer Drive Unit 3
Mississauga, ON L5N 1M1
Fiction (novels, novellas, short stories):
- Science fiction
- Historical fiction/Period fiction
- Arts & Photography
- Travel guides